Drupal is a content management system (CMS) and framework. Its main application is in the organization of websites. As of March 2019, 1.9% of all websites used Drupal, according to W3Techs, which represents a 3.4% market share among CMSs. It was originally designed by Belgian computer scientist Dries Buytaert.
Drupal is free software and is released under the GNU General Public License. It is written in PHP and uses MySQL/MariaDB (recommended), PostgreSQL (supported), SQLite (7.x and above), Oracle (by extension), or MSSQLServer as database systems.
In the present scenario where the world is going online, websites are playing a crucial role in that aspect. Businesses are not anymore restricted to standalone stores, in fact businesses are availing the support of leading web development platforms that helps them to showcase their brand image all across the globe. Among the many budding content management systems available, Drupal is totally a class apart CMS that has gained significance importance all over the world.
The fact that has made Drupal website development so popular is its range of unique features and functionalities. Having equipped with an array of plugins and custom features, it helps Drupal developers to carry out Drupal customization and Drupal web development conveniently without making much of an efforts.
Why you must use Drupal development?
Here are some reasons that will help you understand why you must use Drupal development for your need:
- Offers a scalable platform rendering to high quality solutions
- Offers multi-site-feature that helps you in enhancing the usability of your site
- Suits best for all types of requirements be it blogs, ecommerce sites. Social networking sites etc
- Empowers the entire website with a Powerful templating system
- Convenience to carry out modifications and changes in the website
- Drupal website development comes with a base of quality codes which means that site is built dynamically along with flexibility
- Editing content is simple as well
- Versioning is available.
- Ease of deployment
- Highly flexible in its configuration
- Modules are ample, and suitable for non-profits
- Editing tabs integrated into actual pages